TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USING OUR WEBSITE
1. This website promotes the business referred to on it. In these conditions, the business will be referred to as ‘we’ and/or ’our’.
2. A wide range of intellectual property rights are used in and relating to this website, including:
a.our the trade marks and logos;
b.the design, text, graphics and other content of the web pages on this website, together with all the web addresses associated with those web pages; and
c.all the software used in relation to this website.
3. We are the owner or the authorized licensee of these intellectual property rights. You agree not to copy any content (including images) on this website without our consent.
About these conditions
4. If you access or use any part of this website you agree to these conditions. If you do not want to agree to these conditions, do not access or use this website.
5. We may change these conditions at any time without giving you notice. Please check these conditions from time to time for any changes. By continuing to use the website you agree to all the changes we make to these conditions.
Using this website
7. You cannot use this website:
A. For any unlawful purpose;
B. To send spam;
C. To harm, threaten, abuse or harass another person, or in a way that invades someone's privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or is unacceptable or damaging to us, our customers or suppliers;
D. To create, check, confirm, update or amend your own or someone else's databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
E. To tamper with, update or change any part of the website;
F. In a way that affects how it is run;
G. In a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionably large burden on us or our suppliers' communications and technical systems as determined by us; or
H. Using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
If you provide content for this website
8. If you provide any material to this website (for example, by providing ratings and reviews, comments, articles, or uploading any other content in any format (including video)) (each “User Content”). You agree to grant us permission, irrevocably and free of charge, to use User Content (including altering and adapting it for operational or editorial reasons) in any media worldwide, for our own marketing, research and promotional activities and our internal business purposes which may include providing the User Content to selected third party partners, service providers, social media and networking sites.
9.You own your User Content at all times, and you continue to have the right to use it in any way you choose.
10. By providing any User Content to the Website you confirm that your User Content:
A. Is your own original work or you are authorized to provide it to the website and that you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes set out in these terms;
B. Will not contain or promote anything illegal, harmful, misleading, abusive, defamatory (that is, it does not damage someone's good reputation) or anything else that might cause widespread offence or bring us or our business partners into disrepute;
C. Does not take away or affect any other person's privacy rights, contract rights or any other rights;
D. Does not contain any virus or other code that may damage, interfere with or otherwise adversely affect the operation of the website;
E. Will, if used to promote your own business or services, clearly and openly state your association with the particular business expressly;
F. Will not contain any form of mass-mailing or spam
11. If you do not want to grant us the permissions set out above, please do not provide any material to the Website
12. We have no obligation to publish your User Content on the Website and we retain the right to remove any User Content at any time and for any reason.
13. We do not edit, pre-vet or review any User Content displayed on the Website. If you believe that any User Content does not comply with the requirements set out in this paragraph, please notify us immediately. We will then review the User Content and, where we deem it appropriate, remove it within a reasonable time.
14. You use the website at your own risk.
15.You should not rely on the website for advice.
16. As far as the relevant laws allow, we do not guarantee that:
A. There will be no problems with how you use the website; or
B. The computer or server you use to log on to the website is free of viruses or other harmful programs.
Limits to our liability
17. There is no limit to what we and the people who provide our services will be liable for if someone dies or is injured because of our negligence or because we have committed fraud.
18. Under no circumstances will we, the owner or operator of this website, or any of their group companies, employees, officers or agents, or any other organization involved in creating, producing, maintaining or distributing the website be liable for any loss of:
B. Business or business opportunities;
C. Savings you expect to make;
E. Use of, or corruption to information; or
19. If we do not keep to these conditions, they will only be liable for losses you have suffered as a direct result. We are not liable to you for any other losses whether such losses are because we have not kept to our obligations or contract, because of something we have done or not done in negligence, due to defamatory statements or liability for a product or otherwise as a result of:
A. Using or relying on the website;
B. Not being able to use the website;
C. Any mistake, fault, failure to do something, missing information, or virus on the website or if it does not work properly because of incidents outside of our control such as (but not limited to) interruptions to communication and networks and circumstances beyond our control;
D. Theft, destruction of information or someone getting access to our records, programs or services without our permission;
E. Goods, products, services or information received through or advertised on any website which we link to from this website; or
F. Any information, data, message or other material which you email, post, upload, reproduce, send, or otherwise distribute or receive using the website.
The whole agreement
20. These conditions make up the whole agreement between you and us in how you use the website. If a court decides that a condition is not valid, the rest of the conditions will still apply.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When using on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To personalize your experience your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
• To improve our website we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
• To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
• To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
1. The student agrees to pay the tuition in accordance with the dates and amounts set forth in the payment arrangement plan.
2. Each payment must be paid in full when due. Professional Technical Learning Center may consider a missed, late, or partial payment a breach of contract.
3. Any unpaid tuition will remain the liability of the debtor. After reasonable attempts have been made to collect this debt, the debt will be remitted to a collection specialist for further collection attempts. A debt in collections may negatively affect the debtor's credit rating or score and the debtor agrees to bear all collections costs and attorney's fees associated with the collection of this debt.
4. Student dismissal in accordance with the Student Policy Handbook or voluntary course withdrawal still constitutes full course attendance; the undersigned will be responsible to pay the full course tuition.
5. Previously paid installments (including deposits) made by the undersigned are not eligible for a refund.
6. The undersigned agrees that in the event of program withdrawal or dismissal whereby a third-party payer has contributed funding, the undersigned will pay the entire tuition, regardless of the timing of course withdrawal or dismissal.
7. In the event of the breach of any portion of this agreement, the entire remaining principal sum shall become fully due and payable without notice at the option of the holder of this agreement. Failure to exercise this option shall not constitute a waiver of the right to exercise the same in the event of any subsequent breach.
8. All class specific promotions are not eligible to be combined with other offers and are non-transferable.
*Deposits are non-refundable but may be transferred to a later class if the request is made 5 business days prior to the class start date. Please contact a Program Director to request specific class change requests.
PROMOTION RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
1) Redeemer must meet our minimum requirements for admission as a student.
2) Cannot be combined with other discounts or offers.
3) Limit one offer per person.
4) Not redeemable for cash; not transferable.
5) Does not apply to third-party payers (Worklink, VIEW, MyCAA, OppInc, DARS, DHHS, DSS, Elevate).
6) Offer must be presented during registration.
Boykins, Carrolton, Chesapeake, Franklin, Hampton, Isle of Wight , James City County, Lanexa, New Kent, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Toana, Virginia Beach, Waverly, Williamsburg, York County, and Yorktown