Call Us: 757-806-6212
Professional Technical Learning Center
FAQs about PTLC, LLC
Beginning in 2020, PTCB will change its eligibility requirements for the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) Program. A primary pathway to eligibility will be completion of a PTCB-Recognized Education/Training Program. Click here to view the approved listing.
Did you know that Professional Technical Learning Center is 1 of only 2 PTCB-Recognized Education/Training Programs for the CPhT's in Newport News, Virginia as of March 31, 2019! You read that correctly, new regulations have implemented that only approved schools by the nationally recognized Pharmacy Technician Certification Board will permit their graduates to sit for the PTCE! Professional Technical Learning Center has been an Educator Advocate for Pharmacy Technician's since 2014 and has remained an advocate by implementing a unique way of teaching through hands on techniques that allows the learner to practice in a controlled environment designed just like a real world pharmacy! If you have to see it to believe it then schedule a tour today!
For a full list Virginia Board of Pharmacy approved Pharmacy Technician Training Programs click here.
Nurse Aide News.......
Professional Technical Learning Center has strives to assist the healthcare field by offering hands on training from the beginning! As many are finding out our unique approach in teaching methods assists learners of all types to become successful in obtaining a new career! And in doing so, as of May 31, 2018 PTLC was granted permission to become an In-Facility testing site for current and future Nurse Aide candidates to test onsite within a few weeks upon successful completion of the Nurse Aide training program offered right here at PTLC! We have become a one stop, all access training and testing site for graduates, no more waiting for a slot to test, no more not knowing how to use or locate items, we have testing dates monthly! We offer refresher courses and much more, stop on by for a tour!
For a full list of Virginia Board of Nursing approved Nurse Aide Training Programs click here.
Medication Aide News.....
For a full list of Virginia Board of Nursing approved Medication Aide Training Programs click here.
Personal Care Aide News....
Did you know as of March 1, 2019 PTLC has partnered with many Healthcare Agencies to offer FREE Personal Care Aide training to those who qualify? PTLC strives to help individuals obtain training with little or no money down to obtain a new career! To learn more click here.
Need assistance with tuition? Here are opportunities to get funding for those who qualify:
- Department of Social Services for those who are currently receiving assistance. Speak with your case worker about educational funding opportunities in your area.
- Virginia Career Works – Greater Peninsula Region, click to find out more Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act- WIOA Orientation. Begins on Thursdays 10:00 am. – 11:00 am. in the Resource Center Conference Room 1012. Topics include overview of the WIOA and the step–by-step procedures of the Career Resource Center; registration criteria; general program considerations, customer responsibilities, training providers, self-assessments and process for applying for WIOA Services.
You must be registered with the Virginia Workforce Connection site at: www.vaworkconnect.com
- Work for Sentara? Great we are an approved vendor for various programs. Contact the employee educational benefits coordinator about the process for program approval funding.
- Work for Riverside? Great contact the employee services department and find out more about tuition reimbursement opportunities you may qualify for!
- Did you know paying out of pocket for a training course to further education is a tax deduction? Want to know more click on the link: American Opportunity Tax Credit